Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

XK-I Concept, Jaguar D-Type Transformation




LONDON-car manufacturer Jaguar is preparing a concept seems new car. Concept created by designers from India will be named XK-I concept car.

As reported by autoevolution, Saturday (04/13/2013), a designer from India named Mudit Gupta, has brought a concept car Jaguar XK-I was inspired by old racing car D-Type.

I own the meaning of the letters in the name of the XK-I, which stands for Image. It can be seen as a gesture to show designs that stand out from the Jaguar design drawings.

Gupta said the Jaguar XK-concept study of this I was much inspired by forms like the old racing Jaguar D-Type, but other models such as the E and C-type also gave a lot of ideas.

For information, car racing D-Type Jaguars were produced between 1954 and 1957. This racing car has a monocoque body and designed using aerospace technology to improve aerodynamic efficiency.

Car racing Jaguar D-Type's own has won the Le Mans 24-hour race three times, namely in 1955, 1956 and 1957. But the Jaguar itself is not sure whether this latest concept car will enter production line or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment